We feature new and experimental art production in all media and welcome submissions from artists for recent or proposed new work as well as curatorial proposals from artists, curators and collectives.
Off-site exhibition areas (indoor or outdoor) may also be arranged for mounting special projects, performances and site-specific works.
While no indication of future programming is implied, we recommend that applicants view our exhibition archive that provides an overview of past programming at Artcite. We encourage submissions that make full use of the highly visible gallery space to engage the public.
An artist can be approved for a solo show, a dual show, or asked to consider re-submitting works shown but not proposed, considered for future inclusion in a group show or rejected. Successful candidates for solo and dual shows are notified within two weeks of a meeting, while requests to resubmit, group show consideration and rejection notices may take longer.
Artcite Inc. now accepts submissions in ELECTRONIC FORMAT ONLY. Please send all written support in PDF FILE FORMAT and images in JPEG FORMAT.
SUBMIT ONLINE (NEW)
WHAT WE OFFER SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
- An artist’s exhibition fee in accordance with current CARFAC guidelines. (See Section A.1.1) Artcite is considered a Category I gallery.
- A shipping allowance that reimburses one-way shipping expenses to a limit of $250 per solo show (amount pro-rated for group shows; e.g. $125 per artist in a dual show, $75 per for a 4 person show, etc.)
- All-risk insurance during the exhibition (only when a comprehensive list of insurable items is provided at least ten days prior to installation, listing titles, media/materials and value of artworks included in exhibition, equipment list with corresponding values, etc.)
- An opening reception with the artist(s) in attendance.
- Printed exhibition announcements as the gallery may consider appropriate, with copies to the artist for their distribution.
- Invitations sent to Artcite’s mailing list.
- Promotion and publicity wherever and whenever possible in all media.
- Exhibition announcements and press releases distributed.
- Artcite will assist in attempting to arrange a free billet, where possible, for the artist during his/her installation; accommodation costs are the responsibility of the artist.
- Artcite’s gallery is located in a street-level storefront in downtown Windsor; 3’ wide wooden window seats are located at front of gallery.
- A full glass facade that can be covered to control lighting conditions (i.e., gallery black-out is available).
- Lit with track lights (100w halogen spots and floods).
- East & west gallery walls are 15’ high; walls are 11.5’ high at rear of gallery (where loft office space located).
- Over 1100 sq. ft of exhibition space, with 122’ of running wall.
- Grey epoxy floors and one central wall w/ masonry support column
- All walls are dry walled (excepting the east wall, which is hanging lathe & plaster)
- The main gallery entrance is 81” h x 38” w; the doorway to the rear storage area is 85” h x 34” w